Submit a Manuscript
We are always on the lookout for the next great story. Have you written something that you’d like us to consider for publication? Please see our submission guidelines for:
- Flux – accepting YA fiction submissions
- Jolly Fish Press – accepting YA and middle-grade fiction submissions
- Press Box Books – accepting sports nonfiction submissions
Freelance Editorial Work
North Star Editions welcomes applications from authors interested in producing manuscripts on a work-for-hire basis. Topics are fiction, nonfiction, or a blend of both, geared toward a middle- or high-school audience. These projects are assigned by our staff. Experienced authors should submit a resume, including a list of publishing credits, to email@example.com.
We also regularly use freelance editors, copy editors, proofreaders, and fact-checkers. If you are an editor interested in working with us, please submit your resume.
Editorial interns assist with submissions of young adult and middle grade books, including helping to review initial submission materials and evaluating selected full manuscripts. Under the leadership of the managing editor, editorial interns will be trained in how to review submissions based on imprint wish lists and other requirements. Interns are also encouraged to ask questions and expand their knowledge of the publishing industry. All work is performed remotely.
Our spring internship round hires in March and runs from April through September; our fall round hires in September and runs from October through March.
- Graduated with or currently pursuing a major in Creative Writing or English
- Strong familiarity with young adult and/or middle grade fiction
- Experience reviewing submissions or working on a literary selection committee
- Quick and thorough reader
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated personality
- Access to a computer with an Internet connection
- Proficiency with Google Drive
How to Apply
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put Internship Application as the subject line.
In your cover letter, tell us about your favorite young adult or middle grade book and why you liked it.